(RCRA) Resource Conservation & Recovery Act
How RME Provides Permits & Designs Remedial Solutions
RME has performed RCRA projects for both government and private industry clients. The projects have included the preparation of Part B permit applications, enforcement inspections, facility assessments and corrective measures, and closure certification of treatment units and landfills. The range of projects completed by RME is demonstrated by the following project summaries:
- Prepared Part B permit application for a chemical manufacturing facility that operates 10 hazardous waste storage tanks and multiple waste combustion units.
- Supported USEPA in the inspection of PCB and hazardous waste storage areas, and thermal treatment devices, at a chemical warfare disposal facility.
- Reviewed site assessment and corrective action documents for a private client related to the sale of a manufacturing facility with historical perchloroethylene releases from un-lined pits.
- Provided independent PE closure certification of landfills and thermal treatment units for a chemical manufacturing client.
- RME principles supported USEPA in the conduct of RCRA facility assessments at a variety of sites that stored and treated hazardous waste.